Accreditation: What Is It? And How MedTrainer Can Help
If you’re in the healthcare industry, more than likely, you’ve heard the term “accreditation” in the workplace. Although you may be familiar with the concept of accreditation, it’s essential to know precisely what accreditation means and what is involved with maintaining compliance in a healthcare setting.What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is the method in which organizations such as hospitals, practices, and other healthcare-related institutions establish their ability to meet the requirements and standards of regulatory agencies that govern the various aspects of the healthcare industry. Through the hard work and dedication of every person involved in an institution, accreditation demonstrates the ability of an organization to excel in both its administrative and patient duties. The standards set forth for accreditation were developed and implemented to assist providers in maximizing their ability to excel in their healthcare responsibilities.How Can Accreditation Help?
According to a study performed by the National Institutes of Health, accreditation programs significantly improved the processes involved in the care of patients. Not only does accreditation enhance administrative aspects in healthcare, but it also furthers an institution’s ability to maximize positive outcomes on a wide range of clinical conditions.
Accreditation initiatives, normally done on a voluntary basis, reinforce core objectives to maintain compliance with quality standards to better patient care and internal administration. The study looked at bibliographic databases spanning several decades and examined key markers to evaluate specialties and the impact of accreditation on healthcare services. Decisive improvements were noted when accreditation programs were implemented in a healthcare organization.
How Can MedTrainer Help Your Healthcare Facility With Accreditation?
MedTrainer offers comprehensive accreditation programs that cover a wide selection of healthcare compliance initiatives. Some of the standards covered by MedTrainer include:
- Governance: Privileging and credentialing.
- Performance Improvement: Incident reporting, P&P, training initiatives, and targeted distribution of guidelines to staff members.
- Clinical Records and Health Information: Consolidation of various tracking systems for better implementation in the workplace.
- Human Resource Management: Credentialing of staff, OSHA logs, employee manuals, vaccinations, training, and P&P.
- Patient Rights: Incident reporting, P&P, and training initiatives.
- Infection Prevention and Environment of Care: P&P, training, incident reporting, SDS’s, contract management, safety inspections, and equipment lifecycle management.
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS): HIPAA, FWA, P&P, and training.
By utilizing MedTrainer for your accreditation needs, your healthcare organization can streamline internal administrative processes and improve patient outcomes creating an ideal care environment for both your staff and clients.
MedTrainer offers a large selection of courses designed to help your team thrive with comprehensive educational programs. Whether your facility is interested in implementing compliance training or other industry-specific initiatives, MedTrainer has the courses needed to build a foundation for success.
Contact us to learn more about MedTrainer and how we are committed to changing the face of healthcare.