In an Outcomes Rocket episode titled Technology in Healthcare: Stop Trying To Do it All Right Now, MedTrainer Chief Operating Officer Kevin Stineman shares ideas for healthcare organizations to improve their efficiency. He offers three drives that create opportunity for technology:
- The pressure to decrease costs while at the same time shifting results from costs to outcomes.
- There is untapped potential for technology adoption, including through better data management and analytics in the hands of employees.
- The industry is still very fragmented with many very small practices and groups that may be slow to adopt great efficiency through technology.
“As competition for healthcare technology has grown, it has motivated solution providers to offer extras beyond basic product and support,” Kevin explains. “ For example, MedTrainer relies on our deep expertise in regulatory requirements, which we make available to our customers. As a buyer, don’t just think about the system itself, but look at the whole partner ecosystem that you can tap into if — and when — needed.”
Listen or Watch on your favorite platform
The podcast series is titled Rethinking Compliance: Find Efficiency at the Intersection of Healthcare and Technology.
See all episodes in the Rethinking Compliance series:
- Understanding the Intersection of Technology and Compliance with Steve Gallion (CEO)
- The Impact of Health Policy on Your Compliance Strategy with Hira Rashid (Senior Program Manager)
- Protecting the Revenue Cycle With Credentialing with Brent Althoff (Director of Credentialing Operations)
- Technology in Healthcare: Stop Trying To Do it All Right Now with Kevin Stineman (Chief Operating Officer)
- Compliance Isn’t Just the Policy with Brian Williams (Vice President of Compliance)
About Outcomes Rocket
Hosted by Saul Marquez, Outcomes Rocket Network is a podcast that creates distinguished results through conversations with the most inspiring leaders in healthcare. Striving to be the digital consciousness of healthcare leadership, innovation, and problem-solving, the podcast inspires collaborative thinking amongst healthcare leaders to solve problems and create healthcare solutions. Learn more about our mission at www.outcomesrocket.health.