Imagine getting three weeks of work time back every year simply by using the best credentialing software. It’s possible. Thousands of credentialing teams have already made the switch.
It typically takes most organizations 10 hours to credential a single provider, according to a 2023 MedTrainer poll. With dozens of providers in one healthcare group, the best credentialing software can make an incredible impact, not just on staff time, but also with quicker enrollments.
Why You Need Credentialing Software
Credentialers must collect an average of 30 documents per provider. As the tasks multiply, it becomes nearly impossible to keep up without an organized process. Credentialing software puts all the data, documentation, communication, and more into customized workflows that keep you organized.
Time savings is only one of the many benefits of a powerful credentialing solution. Organizations lose about $10,000 per day that a provider is waiting to be enrolled with payers. Remember in the beginning of the article when I mentioned completing the process three weeks faster? That would be an extra $150,000 in revenue for your organization — per provider.
Checklist to Choose the Best Credentialing Software
As you can imagine, not all credentialing software is created equal. Here’s a checklist you can use to select the best credentialing software for your organization.
- Pinpoint the biggest challenges in your current credentialing process so you can ensure the software will solve them.
- Identify your budget and how you will measure the return on your investment or the value the software brings.
- Ask how long it takes to start using the software and what the implementation process looks like.
- Assess the integrations offered — for example, integration with your HR information system will eliminate duplicate data entry.
- Rank the software’s features to ensure you’re getting the functionality you need. Some to consider are:
- Cloud-based system
- Single sign on (SSO)
- Ability for provider to upload documents
- Automated reminders/notifications
- Electronic signature
- Exclusions monitoring
- Automated license verification
- CAQH integration
- Enrollment workflows
- Ask about customization and visualize how your organization would use the software.
- Ask additional employees to join you for the demo to get buy in and opinions on the user friendliness of the system.
- Consider what the vendor can offer beyond just the product (for example, is there expertise, networking opportunities, or connections that are valuable?).
- Evaluate whether the software will be able to grow with your organization if you add providers, locations, or need additional support.
- Check customer reviews and how quickly support requests are handled.
See How MedTrainer Checks All the Boxes
The best credentialing software can dramatically improve your organization’s processes. MedTrainer organizes and accelerates your process with cloud software and a team of specialists who can manage the process for you. Customers say that on average, MedTrainer speeds up credentialing by three weeks — per provider! This means faster speed-to-care and less risk on the part of the organizations employing them.
With MedTrainer Credentialing, all the data you need to make business decisions is in one place. From provider data and files to upcoming action dates and automatic reminders, MedTrainer provides a single place to enter, import and store mandatory provider information and documents based on NCQA guidelines. Explore MedTrainer’s credentialing features today!