Accreditation plays a pivotal role in supporting the quality, safety, and compliance of ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs). While these facilities offer many advantages, such as convenience and cost-effectiveness, ASCs must adhere to stringent standards to maintain patient safety and regulatory compliance. To help comply with ASC accreditation training requirements, MedTrainer offers 128 courses that can easily be found by selecting the ASC accrediting organization relevant to your facility.
Why Do Accrediting Bodies Have Higher Training Requirements?
Additional training above baseline federal or state regulatory requirements is a fundamental component of ASC accreditation, serving several critical purposes:
- Patient safety and quality of care: Additional training requirements are designed to uphold the highest standards of patient safety and care for accredited facilities.
- Reputation and credibility: Accreditation serves as a seal of approval that demonstrates an ASC’s commitment to excellence and patient safety.
- Risk management and liability reduction: In the healthcare realm, risk management is of paramount importance. Accreditation-level training equips ASC staff with strategies to identify areas for improvement and potential risks, implement preventive measures, and respond effectively to adverse events.
- Continuous improvement: Additional training that meets accrediting requirements fosters a culture of continuous improvement within ASCs.
- Preparedness for emergencies: ASCs must be prepared to handle emergencies that may arise during surgical procedures. Training for facility accreditation includes protocols for emergency response and crisis management.
- Staff morale and engagement: Offering advanced training demonstrates an ASC’s investment in its staff’s professional growth and development. When employees receive comprehensive training, they feel valued and engaged in their roles.
These initiatives, from patient safety and quality of care to staff morale and engagements, are incorporated by accreditation organizations — reaching above and beyond regulatory requirements and categorized into these three primary domains:
- Quality assurance and performance improvement on an ongoing basis. This domain is focused on elements demonstrably relevant to patient health outcomes and overall experience of care.
- Dedicated staff training on specific patient populations. Accreditation organizations may require additional training focused on a particular patient population. For example, a geriatric surgery center must offer staff training in alignment with those age-specific competencies.
- Data collection and reporting mechanisms. This area relates to documentation on positive outcomes and processes, areas for improvement, and the ability to integrate with agency-specific and national databases.
Meet Compliance Requirements With MedTrainer
MedTrainer can help your ASC meet the training requirements for the following accreditation organizations:
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory HealthCare (AAAHC): 36 Courses
- American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (QUAD A): 25 Courses
- Accreditation Commission for Healthcare (ACHC): 37 Courses
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF): 1 Course
- The Joint Commission (TJC): 76 Courses
With a total of 128 courses available, MedTrainer helps you meet training requirements necessary for your ASC accreditation. View tips for calculating the value of ASC accreditation and strategies for acing the process in this free guide.
Benefits of Using an LMS for ASC Training Courses
Whether you’re looking to obtain or maintain accreditation for your ASC, staff training is easier than ever when you use MedTrainer Learning. Here are the benefits you’ll receive when you use MedTrainer’s LMS for your ASC’s training courses:
- Automatic tracking and reporting: MedTrainer Learning streamlines training management by automatically tracking and reporting on employees’ progress. The ability to customize course completion reports based on roles, locations, and departments simplifies tracking compliance across the organization. Automated certificate issuance, stored within each employee’s profile, provides quick access to training achievements and documentation.
- Automated reminder emails: Reminding employees to complete courses is crucial for maintaining high completion rates. MedTrainer can automate reminder emails, ensuring that employees are aware of pending training tasks and deadlines, and ultimately reduce time spent on repetitive tasks for admins.
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Many training courses offered through MedTrainer provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs). This is particularly beneficial for ASC professionals seeking to maintain their licenses, certifications, and stay updated on industry best practices.
- Upload facility-specific courses: An LMS like MedTrainer Learning enables ASCs to upload their own training content tailored to facility-specific needs. This customization allows training to be precisely aligned with the ASC’s protocols, emergency plans, policies, and procedures. Whether it’s explaining hazardous drug standard operating procedures or detailing emergency response plans, uploading facility-specific courses guarantees that training is directly relevant to your ASC’s operations.
Incorporating MedTrainer into your ASC accreditation and training processes offers numerous advantages, from managing compliance and streamlined tracking to facilitating ongoing education and customization. This digital solution optimizes training management, ultimately contributing to the safety, quality, and success of ambulatory surgery centers. Watch this webinar recording for additional compliance tips straight from a panel of expert surveyors.