MedTrainer, an industry leader in healthcare compliance software, now offers 30 hours of continuing education (CE) approved by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). These courses combined with MedTrainer’s expansive CE course library, provide all recertification points for Certified Medical Assistants (AAMA) in one cloud-based platform.
AAMA-approved courses in MedTrainer’s library are widely accepted by other certifying bodies for medical assistants.* The AAMA-approved continuing education courses include both 60 and 120 minute courses on the following topics:
- Preventing Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- Patient Records and Documentation
- Medical Ethics
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Cultural Competency and Implicit bias
- Patient Communication and Education
- Mental and Behavioral health Conditions
CMA (AAMA) Recertification Using MedTrainer
The CMA (AAMA) credential must be recertified every 60 months to provide evidence of current competency and knowledge. This recertification requires 60 CEs that can all be earned through MedTrainer’s online learning platform.
MedTrainer even has courses bundled together for convenience.
- Minimum AAMA CE credit: Of the 60 recertification points needed, at least 30 must come from continuing education units (CEs) that have been approved by the AAMA. Find these courses by searching for AAMA in the MedTrainer Course Library.
- Maximum credit for non-AAMA: Up to 30 recertification points can be earned through participation in sources other than AAMA activities or self-study. Find courses within the scope of practice for Medical Assistants by searching for “AAMA – Recommended” in the MedTrainer Course Library.
Employer Benefits in Providing AAMA-Approved Continuing Education
Medical assistants (MAs) are critical to the operation of many healthcare organizations. The purpose of medical assistants is to provide administrative and clinical support to healthcare professionals, ensuring efficient operations and enhanced patient care delivery. While not all states and organizations require MAs to be certified, there are many benefits to providing additional AAMA continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Find/retain MAs: Providing these courses to staff is a huge cost savings for MAs and will be seen as a great perk of working for your organization.
- Improve patient care: Board-approved continuing education meets certain quality standards, is up-to-date with the latest advancements and regulations, and helps MAs enhance their skills.
- Reduces lapses in certification: When the required CEUs are easily available with all other training, there are less excuses that employees may have for not completing recertification.
Why Choose MedTrainer Learning
MedTrainer Learning is an enterprise cloud-based software with the largest proprietary course library of healthcare content curated specifically to meet the requirements of regulatory and accreditation organizations. New and updated courses are added every month, so you never have to worry if training is up-to-date.
MedTrainer offers all the conveniences of a modern learning management system including automated completion reminders, assessments with every course, and the ability to upload your own training. Course completions are automatically tracked and customizable reporting means that you are always survey ready.
*Check your certification maintenance requirements to verify if these courses will satisfy your needs.