MedTrainer Director of Credentialing Services Brent Althoff speaks with Outcomes Rocket podcast host Saul Marquez in an episode titled Protecting the Revenue Cycle With Credentialing. Brent shares his experience working both with medical and dental groups as well as with one of the nation’s largest payers.
“My advice for healthcare executives is to be involved when your team needs you, but to stay out and not be a blockade when the process is running fine,” Brent says. “The complex part of this is knowing when you can add value through policies, procedures, restrictions, but also making sure you’re not adding more than is needed.”
Brent recommends appointing a provider champion to help move the credentialing process forward and to get staff input so you can make changes when they are needed.
Listen or Watch on your favorite platform
The podcast series is titled Rethinking Compliance: Find Efficiency at the Intersection of Healthcare and Technology.
See all episodes in the Rethinking Compliance series:
- Understanding the Intersection of Technology and Compliance with Steve Gallion (CEO)
- The Impact of Health Policy on Your Compliance Strategy with Hira Rashid (Senior Program Manager)
- Protecting the Revenue Cycle With Credentialing with Brent Althoff (Director of Credentialing Operations)
- Technology in Healthcare: Stop Trying To Do it All Right Now with Kevin Stineman (Chief Operating Officer)
- Compliance Isn’t Just the Policy with Brian Williams (Vice President of Compliance)
About Outcomes Rocket
Hosted by Saul Marquez, Outcomes Rocket Network is a podcast that creates distinguished results through conversations with the most inspiring leaders in healthcare. Striving to be the digital consciousness of healthcare leadership, innovation, and problem-solving, the podcast inspires collaborative thinking amongst healthcare leaders to solve problems and create healthcare solutions. Learn more about our mission at www.outcomesrocket.health.