In an episode of Outcomes Rocket podcast, MedTrainer Policy Expert Hira Rashid, Ph.D. offers insight into healthcare policy changes on the horizon and the predicted impact on compliance. In The Impact of Health Policy on Your Compliance Strategy, Hira talks about the macro trends in healthcare that could lead to policy change — for example the focus on cost savings and outcome improvements. She hints that changes you see within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) are likely to carry over to private payers and become industry standard.
“If your Medicare providers are doing data outcomes tracking, this is a good time to start implementing that more broadly because it is going to start becoming standardized in the private sector. It’s already becoming important for accreditation,” Hira explains.
Listen or Watch on your favorite platform
The podcast series is titled Rethinking Compliance: Find Efficiency at the Intersection of Healthcare and Technology.
See all episodes in the Rethinking Compliance series:
- Understanding the Intersection of Technology and Compliance with Steve Gallion (CEO)
- The Impact of Health Policy on Your Compliance Strategy with Hira Rashid (Senior Program Manager)
- Protecting the Revenue Cycle With Credentialing with Brent Althoff (Director of Credentialing Operations)
- Technology in Healthcare: Stop Trying To Do it All Right Now with Kevin Stineman (Chief Operating Officer)
- Compliance Isn’t Just the Policy with Brian Williams (Vice President of Compliance)
About Outcomes Rocket
Hosted by Saul Marquez, Outcomes Rocket Network is a podcast that creates distinguished results through conversations with the most inspiring leaders in healthcare. Striving to be the digital consciousness of healthcare leadership, innovation, and problem-solving, the podcast inspires collaborative thinking amongst healthcare leaders to solve problems and create healthcare solutions. Learn more about our mission at www.outcomesrocket.health.